Tuesday 9 March 2010

First day at Image Works

Upon my arrival in Kyoto Japan on 07.02; I was picked up by AIESEC Kyoto LC Members together with my boss, Sawada san (president of Image Works group) at the airport.

Sawada san is a very friendly boss, which soothes the anxiety I had earlier about the internship. He has been very kind from the start.

Before coming to Kyoto, we have been in contact through emails.
He has arranged a cell-phone and various home appliances like table, carpet and microwave for me in advance to help make my life in Japan easier.

Not only did he offered us (me and aiesecers) a ride from the airport; he also organized a welcoming party for me on my first day of work.
He was understanding enough to have given me half a day off on my first day of work (the day after my arrival) as he knew that I was exhausted after my 20 hour flight from Vienna to Tokyo (connection) to Kyoto.

Dinner with aiesecers on my arrival night...

Taku and Hiroyuki with the menu




Green Tea Ice-Cream IS THE BEST! <3

08.02.2010
My TN Manager from AIESEC Kyoto (Hiroyuki, who helped make this internship possible) together with Taku (AIESEC member) have assisted me in adapting to my new life in Japan since my day 1 in Japan.

They helped me set up my room on the first night, showed me around my area, and came to show me the way to work.
They also participated in several meetings at Image Works and helped with translation since my Japanese skill is next to non-existent.

So Day 1 at Image Works, I was led by Hiroyuki and Taku to Image Works office.
My boss, Sawada san, was there to greet me.
The office was located in a nice commercial building close to Tanbaguchi JR Station.
The Image Works and ITC offices are next to one another on the same floor.

Being my first time in a Japanese company, I followed exactly what Hiroyuki and Taku did making sure I greeted everyone the correct way.
We bowed and greeted the employees, who were also very polite and bowed back with a smile. I felt very welcomed in the company.

After our 1st meeting discussing various organization matters and plans regarding my internship; we left for the restaurant where my welcoming party takes place.

About 15 people came and I was happy to have met them. They were so much fun to be with as they constantly joked around, which eased some worries I had earlier about not being able to fit in the company, etc,.
The dinner has bonded me closer with the company.
Eventhough it was difficult to overcome the language barrier, I felt ready to work in this company nevertheless.

Here are some pictures taken at the welcoming dinner.



Our oishii appetizer













Hahaha! My colleagues are so much fun!

I had a great time, thank you very much!
Gochisou sama deshita, Sawada san!

No comments:

Post a Comment