Thursday 25 March 2010

Week 2

Thank you for reading my blog!

This is an update of my second week of work at Image Works.

During the second week, I had the opportunity to attend the company's university students recruitment presentations.

I traveled with the company staff to Osaka for the first time and I was glad to be there. University students from around Osaka came to the presentations, and I was responsible in greeting them. They were young and ambitious, all showing enthusiasm in working for Image Works in the future. They came in formal business suits and presented their CVs at the reception area.

About 60 students came per presentation, and we held about 3 presentations everyday, each takes about 2 -3 hours.
The presentation begins with the welcoming speech from the President of Image Works, Sawada san. It is followed by the presentation of the individual representatives of the different departments of sub-companies about their respective departments.

After the students get a better picture of what Image Works group does, I was introduced in the closing speech by Sawada san. I also had a chance to self-introduce myself as an intern at Image Works, I mainly talked about my personal background, my motivation to work in Japan and in Image Works, and my duties at Image Works.

It was an amazing experience and I learnt by watching my colleagues present. They were all very good presenters and I realize group evaluation and team-spirit is highly respected in Japanese companies. I was glad to be part of the company and all our presentations were very successful.

Evaluation forms from students were filled out with comments and suggestions for the presentations. They were carefully studied and improvements were implemented already in the following presentations. The company is very fast and adaptive to changes. Image Works is very flexible.

In my next entry, I will continue to tell you about my internship journey at Image Works as well as my life in Japan, please keep reading!

Thank you for your support in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment