Wednesday 10 March 2010

Week 1

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reading my blog.
I will update you with my 1st week of internship at Image Works Group.

Image Works Group includes several companies:
-Image Works Co., Ltd.
-ITC (IT Communications) Co., Ltd. (Internet contracting agency)
-PC Support Co., Ltd. (Technical support team)
-ECO Works Co., Ltd. (Introduction of Solar Panel for homes)

In my 1st week, I worked at PC Support Co., Ltd for a few days.
As the company contracts through a network of property agencies (Fudousan); I went with my colleague to visit them.

We work from 9:00 to 18:00 daily; sometimes, over-time work is necessary.
We traveled around Kyoto, Osaka, and several cities closeby to do follow-ups with contracts from property agencies.

Not only did I understand the work of PC Support Co., Ltd much better in those few days, I also went to many places and saw a lot more of Kyoto and its surroundings.
It was a new experience for me to take the city buses and trains.
Japan has a very developed transportation network, and it was very convenient to travel around.

Travel expenses are relatively high in Japan; but it is borne by the company.
We fill out a reclamation form after work everyday, and the transportation expenses paid will be refunded to us.

It was a great experience working in PC Support Co., Ltd.
My colleagues there were very kind and friendly.
They have helped me a lot despite my poor Japanese language skills.
I especially want to thank Hayami san for having taught me so many things and having been so nice to me.
The other employees have also been very nice.
I look forward to meeting them again in Hanami (the Japanese flower festival).



The unique Kyoto Tower near Kyoto Station (close to PC Support office).



The beautiful Kyoto Station.


The Kyoto City Bus stop.


Viewing terrace at Uji Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment