Sunday 28 March 2010

A weekend with AIESEC Members

AIESEC (the biggest international student-run organization supporting student mobility) has helped me out a lot even before my arrival in Japan, and needless to say, guided me in my life in Japan. I joined AIESEC when I was in Vienna, there I got access to an international online job data base where I found my opportunity to go on an AIESEC Exchange in Japan. AIESEC has offices around the world run completely by students, students work in teams supporting the AIESEC office. Internships are raised by the committees and AIESECers around the world can benefit from the database.

I was lucky to have found a matching internship from the database and contacted the AIESEC member who's responsible for the job in Japan (known as the TN Manager), Hiroyuki (my TN Manager) was helpful in many ways. He guided me throughout the application process, as well as information regarding life in Japan. We became good friends and I was also in contact with more members of AIESEC Kyoto through E-mail even before my arrival. They were very friendly and I am happy to have known them.

In my first weekend in Kyoto, they took me out to the Kyoto downtown, where the shopping streets were found and I was so excited to have seen many new things and people walking in their traditional Japanese kimonos!


My First Bus Journey in Japan (This is a machine where you put in your money/day pass)



My First Kyoto City Bus Day Pass!


Arriving in Downtown Kyoto!






























No comments:

Post a Comment